Succeeding Without Failing #1 (Ephesians 2:10)
We are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].
- Success through God’s eyes is different from the world’s point of view, through God’s eyes you being faithful to your God-ordained purpose despite adversities, struggles, or issues is one of the things that could be counted as a success.
- Sometimes we fail simply because we are humanly incapable of accomplishing a certain task. That does not mean you are a failure. God does not call you to do something unless He equips you for it.
- A failed test can make you miss the fact that it was a miracle for you to be able to take it.
- So, don’t spend the rest of your life feeling like a failure because if God called you to do it your assignment won’t return void.
2 Peter 1:2-10
V-2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord
V-3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
V- 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
V-5-7 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add
- Faith – belief in God or the doctrines or teachings.
- Virtue – moral excellence; goodness.
- Knowledge – intelligence
- Self-control – control or restraint of oneself or one’s actions.
- Perseverance – patience, endurance.
- Godliness – conforming to the laws and wishes of God.
- Brotherly kindness – the love of brothers.
- Love – a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
V-8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
V-9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
V- 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble, fall or fail.
“And the name of the second he called Ephraim: “For God has caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.” Genesis 41:52
Knowing this, how high would you strive for something if you knew you couldn’t fail?